At the April 5th city council meeting Mayor Aja Brown welcomed Commander Gooden to introduced the Compton Station New Leader Captain Michael Thatcher.
Quick facts about Captain Thatcher
- Member of the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department for 31 years.
- Has been held various assignments as a deputy at the Carson & Lakewood station.
- He was a detective in the Narcotics Bureau.
- As a Sargent he worked in varying assignments at the Century station, C.O.P.S (Community Oriented Policing Services) Bureau and Special Enforcement Bureau (S.W.A.T).
- As a Lieutenant Thatcher was assigned to the Century station working in the Commercial Crimes Bureau, Narcotics Bureau, and Homicide Bureau.
- Towards the end of his tenure he was one of the executive aids to one of the chiefs assigned to personnel.
- As a Captain, Capt Thatcher was assigned to the Major Crimes Bureau. This assignment is a good fit for a person of leadership in Compton where the Violence Reduction Network (VRN) is in place.
- AA Degree in Police Science from Fullerton College.
- BA Criminal Justice Management from the Union Institute in Cincinnati, OH.
- Graduated from the Graduate School of Leadership at Cornell University.
Captain Thatcher told the council that he was very much an advocate for us not only members of his department who he love tremendously, but also for members of the community.
About the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department Compton Station. The station serves the City of Compton, Rosewood, East Rancho Dominguez, and the area of unincorporated Gardena. The station is located at 301 S. Willowbrook Ave. Compton, CA 90220 – Phone: (310) 605-6500 www.Compton.lasd.org